VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the vortex, no one gave me an answer to this question. when my car sits a while maybe a day and i turn it one and jsut as the car starts to move it sounds like a rear drum is locked in a position and it sounds like it forces it to move. pretty much sounds like a thump..once the car is im motion it wont do it again unless my car sits for a while in my driveway

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Sorry man i wish i could help you with this one but i on't know the answer. I'm ditching my drums for disks by the end of the summer. It sounds like it's just sticking some. Shouldn't cause too much trouble but i'd pull the drum off to see what's up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
try to see if there is a condensation problem back there, maybe after washing your car with the parking brake on? The metal on metal contact is electrostaticly charged and will begin a "salt water weld". The pop you hear is this bond breaking. Static cling spray might work, and this is the best thing I have found to spray on your wheels (after waxing them) to keep the brake dust from sticking to them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts