VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear wiper stopped working. Thought it was the motor. Took the trim off whilst I ordered a second hand one to replace it. A week later, the boot won't open. When I lift the boot open handle, the rear wiper now comes on and the boot won't open. No obvious damage to anything. My local friendly garage says it's an electrical problem with the wiring in the boot, but they don't have time to look at it for now. Any thoughts on how I can trouble shoot and fix it?

·
Registered
67 Posts
My rear wiper stopped working. Thought it was the motor. Took the trim off whilst I ordered a second hand one to replace it. A week later, the boot won't open. When I lift the boot open handle, the rear wiper now comes on and the boot won't open. No obvious damage to anything. My local friendly garage says it's an electrical problem with the wiring in the boot, but they don't have time to look at it for now. Any thoughts on how I can trouble shoot and fix it?
What kind of car? On my mk4 golf the wiring harness tube between the hatch and the car I opened it up with an exacto blade. There were two busted wires. I connected them back together with a few cm of copper wire and closed the harness back up with electrical tape. Easiest most awesome repair ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts