VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jettablitzkrieg's post in mk2 made me reember to ask this. anyone ever think about takin off thier rrear wiper and replacing it with a cap? ive seen it on that silver all shaved and molded gti with the turbo upgrade. anyone know who im talkin about.. well anyway, he had his off and had a black cap thing in its place. like it just stuck in ther then sat flush with the window. looked nice. anyone ever think about this, how ard would it be and werhe could i get a cap?

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Rich I know the car:

You can probably get this plastic cap at your local hardware store. Just mark down your measurements.

I could never do this as my GTI is a daily driver and the wiper is a great thing to have for those rainy days.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I posted about this in the Mk3 section like a month ago. I took apart my rear hatch and I might be takin off the whole wiper today. I found a cap that fits at the local hardware store and painted it white. When i finish ill def post some pics.

[ May 01, 2003: Message edited by: GTIboarder ]

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by db:

I could never do this as my GTI is a daily driver and the wiper is a great thing to have for those rainy days.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I would do this mod as well, but I also use my car as a daily driver, and the rear wiper kicks ass-especially when the washer flips back and forth!!!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for some reason i really dont use mine that much. but it is nice too have.. damn what a nice car....

·
Registered
158 Posts
I did mine several months ago- found a plastic cap in the electrical section at home depot.

You'd be surprised at how much that motor for the arm weighs.

Its my daily driver and I live in rainy florida, so I just make sure I always have enough Rain-x on my glass, that way the water drips don't stand a chance. It looks alot better IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts