VW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from Honda-tech.com and a 17 y/o from there with enough skill to rebuild his engine and no history with VW/Audi says he could rebuild a g-ladder and it wouldn't be all that hard. After flaming me for liking Honda's, who is going to call BS to prove a Honda lover wrong?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
wish i could help but i have no clue on how hard it would be. sorry
jon

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Can't help you.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

They don't show you enough love at the Honda sites?

And if you are such a great Honda Lover... why does you name include a Mazda product?

Just out of curiousity.

[ May 01, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

[ May 01, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SuperStreetRX7:
I'm from Honda-tech.com and a 17 y/o from there with enough skill to rebuild his engine and no history with VW/Audi says he could rebuild a g-ladder and it wouldn't be all that hard. After flaming me for liking Honda's, who is going to call BS to prove a Honda lover wrong?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First off,
Welcome to the forum.

Now, how may we help you? Would you like us to attempt to rip you for loving a certain type of car (not unlike every single other person on here) or are you looking for a "Way to go tiger" to your mechanic prowess? Please let us know and we will be more than happy to comply.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Hahah Raf that's good.

Here is the scenario in case you do not see it:

George Bush goes on a tour to Afghanistan and Iraq on a wheelchair by himself. Waving and asking... "I can flatten your houses... How am I doing so far?"

How do you think he will do?

Or vice-versa:

Saddam Hussein rolls into the United States on a pair of rollerblades by himself. Waving and shouting "Hey Americans... I got Chemical weopons... and you idiots think that SARS came from Hong Kong...? LOL"

This is what both of them would probably hear:

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
You know what strikes me as amusing...that SuperStreetRX7 is spending his time on a forum of cars he doens't like just so he can talk up Honda's. Most of us don't have problems with Honda's per se, we have problems with Ricers, who often have Honda's...

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Is he the 17 y/o who can "rebuild a g-ladder" or is he talking about someone else on the site and he wants us to call his bluff?

Me fail english? That unpossible!

I cant figure out from his unpunctuated blurb whos doing what and with what army.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Originally posted by fli gti
Me fail english? That unpossible!

I cant figure out from his unpunctuated blurb whos doing what and with what army./QUOTE]

After further review, I believe he is asking for our assistance to call BS on the young man at the honda site with the extraordinary machanical knowledge.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My name is SuperStreetRX7 because that is my favorite magazine and the car I was originally going to get.

People who like Hondas can like other brands too.

How am I trying to talk myself up? By asking how hard it is so I can prove him wrong?

I don't do anything on cars. I just know that rebuilding a g-ladder is harder than rebuilding a B-series engine.

How do you know I don't like VW's? And if I didn't, why would I loan my friend money to buy a G60, and then buy it from him? And I'm not talking up Hondas. Talking up Hondas would be "my B18C5 powered CRX wuld creme your VR6 powered GTI."

I'm talking about someone else on the site. He doesn't have extraordinary mechanical knowledge, just enough to build his engine.

We sure are a lot nicer over at H-T when a VW/Audi lover comes on there asking about Hondas. I don't see how answering this question will kill you.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SuperStreetRX7:

We sure are a lot nicer over at H-T when a VW/Audi lover comes on there asking about Hondas. I don't see how answering this question will kill you.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can just imagine you guys giving him love. Especially when he tries upstage their Hondas, wwwwright.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Hey Superstreet. Don't take it personal, they just get fired up because we've had some dill holes come on here and brag about their Civic DX roasting our dubs and blah blah blah, so we are kinda quick to the guns.

As fo ryour original question; I have no idea how to rebuild that motor, but I do think that it is a hard one to do. I hope you will stick around and help us out, we do need to take a chill pill (god thats an old saying).

Sorry about the unpunctuated blurb comment, but you can ask around, I do that to everyone when I can't figure out their grammar.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you will hang around.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just get a new one from here, probably about the same price and there are only a certaqin amount of times you can rebuild that charger. -------> The Web Page For Gs
good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whiteboy2.0:
Just get a new one from here, probably about the same price and there are only a certaqin amount of times you can rebuild that charger. -------> The Web Page For Gs
good luck
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reread my first post. I don't want to buy one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIboarder:
Dont be such a dick about it he was helpin your ass.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't be a dick. That didn't help at all.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Don't be a dick. That didn't help at all.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He simply quoted Xanderzone's moto:

"Don't be such a dick, Dick"

I guess that is why there are wars in this world... difference of opinions... etc. etc.

I rebuild preparation-H Ladder once. Anybody want some more info?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts