VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
something wierd happens when i try to redline my car in 1st gear. After about 6k rpms the power drops dramatically almost like its a rev limiter but in the remaining gears i can take all the up to the redline without a drop in power. I also thought it was ESP messing me up so i disengaged that and it still seems to happen. am i missing something?

also are there some upgrades that would make my car a little louder at full acceleration? hehe yeah wierd request but i would like to hear something when i rev all the way up. Now i don't want a droning noise when i'm crusing down the road just some "music to my hears" when i get on it. would just a k&n filter doing something like that or would i need to buy new exhaust?

hmmm...maybe i will just a mount a fart can on there heheh j/k

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Turn off the ASR trackion control, your CPU thinking that your car is going nutz. Once you turn that off you can Red-line your little heart out. You will know it's off when the little yellow hazard icon appears.

Just by added a K&N open air intake will make your engine louder...to be honest it's sounds sick. Go to my site http://www.dailyvw.com I have movies up there and you can hear the car. My GTI has the Eurosport Cool Flo & the Neuspeed catback system.

Best of luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts