VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive read alot about getting a fabric and redoing the door cards and headliner. i know how to do it but what i want to know is what kinda of fabric i should get and where. i want a dark grey

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
You're really post happy today huh? It's okay me too. Go to walmart and just get cheap fabric i the color. They got all kinds. You can get a felt like stuff or a cotton type. They have all kinds and it's cheap. Wlmart rules for the diy person.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i was kinda post happy but hey its the only way to get answers to yur problems. and ill check out walmart i didnt go there yet so maybe ill get lucky

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey if it were me i would go to a local fabric store and get paded headliner...then use the same material for the doors so the adhesive wont seep through

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey tim. thats what im thinking ima do just gotta get to the store and get some money

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Guys! How do you go about actually installing it? Do you remove the entire foam piece and re-cover and re-install, or is there a trick?

Send the love,

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to redo the headliner is pretty simple. take it out and get the old crap off and SCRAPE OFF ALL THE FAOM CRAP. if you want yur new headliner to last you must do this. then get a spray glue(3m super is what im using) and do one side of the headliner at a time, jsut like u would do a decal. make sure u follow the directions and everything will be good any other questions just shoot me an email

1 - 7 of 7 Posts