VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is true, all of those things can happen. just like you can get hit by a falling plane. if you run the right size wire back 4awg or bigger, fuse it fron and rear( the fuse will just add a little extra resistance),you can also put it in a batery box and vent it to the out side. another option is to get a sealed dry cell battery. then you can't boil it like a normal battery. you can also mount it upside down if you want to.

just take the proper precautions and you will be fine. i do rear batteries all the time in audio systems.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I am relocating my battery to the trunk because my engine bay is gettin smoothed but i have been hearing horro stories and bad things about doin it. Like the fumes fronm the battery are bad...it needs to be welded in or somethin...it cant have a fuse on the wire goin from the alternator...the carpet could burn up....this must be done though unless it can go somewhere else besides the original location...someone gimmie some help...thanx

·
Registered
364 Posts
use a optima red top battery, unless you have alot of accessories on your car, then use a yellow top,range from $110-$160, they dont let out any fumes and its a dry cell battery, but just incase get the moroso bayyery box, totally sealed, plus has vent tubes

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
my battery is in the front adn i have a power wire for my stereo and have never burned up and carpet or anything. It's the same as if you have a cable running to the engine bay from the battery. I second the optima. no worries about fumes or anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts