VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since winter is right around the corner i need to get a car starter(sorry to say that i have to drive the jetta in the winter) does anyone know where i can get a long distance starter i've heard of one that you can use the internet to start the car and i heard of using a phone to start the car, has anyone else heard of these starters and if so where can i get one, i need one that goes really far.
thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well... I have a Clifford Alarm on my Chevy S-10, and the alarm works great, if you have a Clifford Alarm, you can install this option into your open channel and you can do remote start from I dunno how long away, but I worked with a guy that had one and had his car parked across the street and it would start. I heard something about not working with sticks, however the guy who had it had a stick. So it should work, just keep the car in neutral! if ya want more info... I'd try looking up info on their site but I dunno what the URL is! Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Just a little tip on getting remore starters on a car with a stick... Don't park it in gear, especially facing your parent's new garage door

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
The only problem with remote starters for cars with Stick Shift is that it cost twice as much then one for an automatic. Alot of the newer ones have a sensor that knows if your car is in gear or not. If it is in gear, it won't start.
jon

·
Registered
676 Posts
Clifford has been bought out by DEI!!!! If anyone knows of a dealer with backstock still selling Clifford direct products, I would pick up the Clifford Solaris. I have it on my car and with the range extender I can start my STICK SHIFT up to 300 yards away. This alarm has the auto start built in and the only way you can start is by doing this procedure before turing the car off, takes the same amount of time as pulling the key out. Average retail was about $399 installed though.
I believe even with the buyout you can still get DEI alarms with the same functions. Using the operator assisted starting costs you monthly and you pay A WHOLE LOT MORE to get buy and install off the jump!!!!!! Isn't really worth it, NONE ever sold in Del to date from what I hear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Prestige make great remote starters.....for a stick ive only used Viper, which only needs programed during installation, after that u just press the button and warm that car up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts