VW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I washed the dubs tonight & seeing a few dubs over the weekend with the lower mid grill on the bumper removed I wanted to experiment to see what it would look like. Tell me your thoughts.
or

I like it however the only thing I'm afraid of is rocks flying into the radiator. I will take another pic tomorrow when it's daylight.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Dave, I was talking to you about this at maple grove. I took mine off one day while washing it up, and decided to put it back on, because it seems like lots of rocks would get pounded into the radiator. I might take it off at sometime.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
it looks good but i think you should keep it on to protect your radiator.

you'll never know how much that grill is protecting your radiator until you remove it. imo i think you should try it out for a little bit and if u notice that a lot of rocks are hitting your radiator then i think you should put it back on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey bud, I had my middle grille off last fall... bad move, at least up here in Boston. took a while to get the leaves, bugs, and rocks outta there. I would leave it in. One thing I want to do is respray those grills flat black to give it a newer look.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I took mine off quite a while back. It just depends where you drive. I intend keeping it off. I want to put a front mounted intercooler soon. So it will look nice. But I had another idea about putting a mesh on the inside to keep the rocks from hitting the radiator.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by db:
Thanks for your input...I all ready pop'd it back in before I came to work. I felt safer too I guess I found my answer. Man I love VWF...bow down to whomever created this forum
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you "bow down" on yourself often?
dang "alone sex"!

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
Do you "bow down" on yourself often?
dang "alone sex"!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am db right?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts