VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the life of me i can't figure out how to get the handle off of my e brake. I got the trim peice that the boot ataches to but the actual plastic handle won't come off. I think it's held on by a little clip or somthing underneath of it that holds it on. Please someon has to have took it off before. Later

·
Registered
759 Posts
well in my car the plastic was no there...and it is held on by some weird clip...i couldn't get the stupid thing off of another one without breaking it so i just swapped the whole handle out of another one

·
Registered
37 Posts
i think that there was some sort of device under the handle of mine that was holdin it on...alan head, screw...im not really sure

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx for the replies but i got it awhile back. All you need to do is pull on the handle as hard as you can while prying down on the clip near thebase of the handle. It'll slide right off.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hope that works, I just got a MOMO E-Brake and I'm baffelled, guess I'll have to give it a rub and tug HAHA

·
Registered
291 Posts
yea in my old jetta i just had to pull it real hard to get it off. Then i had to end up grinding down the metal to fit the new e brake handle i got but thats a diff story...just gotta pull hard.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fel near the back where it meets the boot. Underneath is a little clip. Pry down on that with a small screw driver, and pull. should come right off. Then when you push it back on the clip will click back in place. I don't know about the momo handle. If it's not a direct fit piece it might take some modding. Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts