VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to remove the side moulding from my car to give it a cleaner appearance. I only have 2 questions concerning this...

1) Is the body flat underneath the moulding or is there an indent to make room for it? I was going to do this to my A3 Jetta but the doors would have had a 1/4 inch indent where the moulding is.

2) Is the moulding just stuck on, or are there clips also? I just don't want to remove the moulding and find several holes in the doors...

thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a 97 jetta, but I had my side mouldings shaved. I don't know if your doors would be the same as mine because of the different years and models but...my doors weren't the same underneath. Alot of welding and bond-o were needed to make them smooth. also, there were clips underneath mine, so there were also holes in the door. ***Key item*** PLEASE make sure your body person knows what they are doing!! My doors have already started to buckle in the middle!
( so much for that.... hope I was a little helpful! -Emley

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info. i found another website where someone showed me the doors without moulding. there are several holes. good thing i found this out before trying it. haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts