VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well just found out im getting a new coil pack put in. my jetta was just going in and out of power. well hopefully it will be back to normal. you can really tell a difference when its working and not working!

·
Registered
473 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tobydog18t:
well just found out im getting a new coil pack put in. my jetta was just going in and out of power. well hopefully it will be back to normal. you can really tell a difference when its working and not working!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hear ya...I've been lucky so far. Hey at least you caught it before it died on the freeway. I have heard some crazy stories about people needing the power and it wasn't there as they were pulling into traffic etc. Let us know if the dealers are well stocked w/ the new coils in your area when you get it replaced.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got it at congresional vw but took it to antwerpen vw in glen burnie. pretty good people. took them about a day and 1/2 to fix not bad i guess?

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Yeah it does make a big differnece. I had mine replaced in my VR6 and there was HUGE differnece in power, and it ran very rough when it needed to be replaced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are there any aftermarket coils available for the 1.8T? I need to replace mine and was just wondering if there were better ones to put in while I'm at it.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 01jettawolf:
Are there any aftermarket coils available for the 1.8T? I need to replace mine and was just wondering if there were better ones to put in while I'm at it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

why don't you get the dealer to replace them?? they'll replace them for free even if your warranty has expired!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's my scenerio... about 10K miles ago, which would be 23K, my engine started acting wierd... it studders and shakes a little at idle, sometimes it'll idle perfect and then at times the RPM's will drop and the engine shakes. I took it to the dealer 4 times and they found nothing wrong with it. Check enging doesnt turn on or anything. Do these symptoms sound like coil packs? If so, I guess I will take it back to the dealer and fight with them a little.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 01jettawolf:
it studders and shakes a little at idle, sometimes it'll idle perfect and then at times the RPM's will drop and the engine shakes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

this sounds very similar to what i experienced during a coil pack failure. all you can really do now is wait until it finally fails in order for it to get replaced. however, i heard some vw owners, like my friend, received a letter from vw stating that they should just bring in their car to have it replaced instead of waiting for it to fail.

[ August 25, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dude i got the letter after i got mine fixed but i had no hassle or anything. car is runing great now. it only takes like 10 mins. to replace. pop in & out job

1 - 12 of 12 Posts