VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My left day time running lightbulb on my Golf IV just burnt out. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on which brand of bulb would last the longest and look the best. I want it to have a Xenon tint to it but don't want a full HID conversion kit. Please send me some ideas. Also, i heard it is difficult to change the bulbs upfront, is that true??

·
Registered
423 Posts
How would an 9007 fit in a spot made for an H7? Plus the 9007 is a dual filament bulb. Also the plug is totally differant from a 9007.

I know the Jetta takes 9007. The Golf takes H7 High and low beam and an H3 for fogs.

I'm not trying to start a fight but just had a few questions.

·
Registered
158 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by db:
9007 is the highest SilverStar bulb you can get it will also fit the Golf/GTI.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just went to buy new bulbs this weekend and it did not look likre the 9007 was the same bulb, the connector looked alot different, how do you have yours hooked up?

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I know rich (dubwink) has syvania bright whites (or something like that). I know he likes them. Otherwise, stick with hella bulbs (pretty sure what stock bulbs are). WELCOME TO THE VWFORUM!!!

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
First Welcome! Second I recently upgraded my Jetta headlamps to the Sylvania SilverStar. They will run you $40. a set at your local Auto Parts store. For $40. you get a nice upgraded bulb for a cheep price. SilverStar's color temperature is a white hot 4,000K, which is higher than other halogens on the road and comparable to High Intensity Discharge headlights.

You can read on at http://www.sylvania.com best of luck!

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LazrSpeed88:
Does anyone know where I can find out how to change my bulbs? I heard it takes forever.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Takes like 20 minutes. Actaully if you hang tight I plan on getting new lights for the GTI this week I plan to document and post up the pics. But trust me if you are just swapping them you will be fine.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
easy to install jsut chews up yoru hand a little, its a tight fit. mine are sylvania cool blues, i like them alot. they are h7s, they are the only ones that fit the low beam i thought.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Guys for all your suggestions. I decided to go to Murray's Discount Auto to get a set of Silverstar Cool Blues. Got them for 15.99 each. Pretty good price. I will install them tommorow and let you know how I like em. In the meantime, ive gotta another question.

TK

1 - 13 of 13 Posts