VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea i know i know.. post crazy today! anyway i hate getting out of the car to have to change cd's, so im going to replace the factory head unit, (sony explod makes a flip/face one that will keep up the blue/red color scheme) now my question is if there are more than 4 outputs on the back of the origional head unit, becouse of the 4 factory tweeters, id imagine there is only 4 and the splitting is done inside the doors, im not going to do it myself, but i just want to know! so to make my question short and sweet, does anyone have an aftermarket head unit with all 8 factory speakers working?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thats what i was thinking... getting and amp and all, appreciate it man

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Well Steven pretty much answered your question, but it seems like you want to keep the blue/red color scheme going...Kenwood makes some decks that are the same colors, I have one. You can change them from green and blue to red and blue.

·
Registered
173 Posts
OK OK…. When you have component speakers (tweeters, and the mid-range), there is a box called the cross-over. The cross-over is a small box that takes the single (we will say front left speaker wire) from the deck and converts the frequencies and has to different terminals where the tweeter, and the mid-range get hooked up to. I would strongly recommend going out and buying at the very lest a small 4ch amp to help push the speakers. If you need any more info on car audio, hit me up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts