VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to replace a burned out bulb on the driver's side on my VR^. When I reach down I can take the plug off and feel it, but it doesn't seem to come loose so that I can put the new one in it. Apparently there is a clip that needs to be released but it's virtually impossible to find the clip just by feeling around.

any advice? thanks,
hugh.

[ September 23, 2002: Message edited by: Hugh ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
There is a clip. to release it, you need to push it in then down and the clip will swing out.
jon

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks- if I'm feeling around for it is the clip on top of the plug prongs, underneath, to the side?

Hugh.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Here's a picture of what the Jetta headlight looks like from the back, But the same type of clip is on the back of the golf light also.

(i got this pic from www.dubobsession.org in case anyone if wondering)
jon

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i appreciate your help- going online and checking into a forum can really be very useful. i managed to replace the bulb very easily once i figured out how to open up the clip.

see you on the board again soon.
hugh.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI2001:
Here's a picture of what the Jetta headlight looks like from the back, But the same type of clip is on the back of the golf light also.

(i got this pic from www.dubobsession.org in case anyone if wondering)
jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts