VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I left and took a long lunch break and went to APTuning in Lebanon, PA to get my chip updated. Just as I got there the guys at the shop were leaving for lunch, so we all went to this pizza joint down the road together for a bite to eat. I must say when we got back from lunch and I saw the shop, I was impressed. Their shop is nothing short of immaculately clean, you could eat off the floor of that place. The guys are very knowledgable, the prices are right, and they even were going to lend me their Mickey Thompson ET slicks for my private track day tomorrow (I declined because I don't have $$$ for a new clutch for another couple of weeks
). Bottom line is these guys rock, and will for sure see some more of my future business soon if I decide that I don't want to mess with replacing my own timing belt and clutch. If you live around there check them out.

I went to have my APR 93/stock chip upgraded to v2.0 and remove the stock and replace it with the APR 100 octane setting. So far I have only tested the new v2.0, haven't had time to test the race fuel yet, I will update this after my track day tomorrow. I am not sure if v2.0 will make the car actually faster as far as trap speeds. It definately pulls harder up top, and will actually spike 20-21 (same as before) but now it holds 18-19 FOREVER in the upper gears till around 5k. I was kind of shocked. Keep in mind that I also have the ECS N75 "H" valve so that may contrubute to this as well. It does not have the initial torque that it used to from 1000rpm's to 3500rpms, so that may assist me in getting some better 60' times, plus it makes it a bit more pleasant to drive around town. Bottom line is, I like it, it seems smoother and more drivable, but I will have to see if my trap speeds change at all with it tomorrow. I will also update this thread with a review on the 100 octane software later too.

[ July 11, 2003: Message edited by: Big Dong ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Thanks for the update on the 93 octane setting and the new version of it. God i miss having my chip, the BCS just doesn't cut it stoping at 14.5psi.
jon

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I went to the Sunoco station in York that sells the 100 GT octane. The stuff is $3.99 a gallon
, but I got about 3/4 of a tank of the stuff after running my tank of 94 for about 30 miles after my gas light came on. It was hot as hell when I did this, so I can only imagine what the software would have felt like if it was cold. Plus the more I drive it the faster it seems to get, it apparently takes about 50 miles to fully adapt to the program, which will happen on the way to the track. It pulls noticably much harder, even if you have 4 guys in the car with the a/c on you can feel it being faster than without and on 93. Tonight I pulled the spare tire, trunk carpet, tools and jack, and all of the seats out of it except for the drivers seat. With the interior out of it now, it seems much lighter to so I can't wait to see track results tomorrow. I would recommend getting this software right away when you first get chipped by APR if you ever intend to drag race, it is some pretty cheap HP. I can't wait to see how many MPH I gain in the 1/4 tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts