VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just on elitemotorworks.com and they are selling the REVO Technik serial port chip. Has anyone ever used one of these before? Looks too good to be true for the price. I'm looking at the serial port switch #3. Its has a mode knob for off,stock, low performance, and high performance, timing change, anti theft on or off. Then it has a second knob for range thats can be used for how much you wanna change timing. But then it shows a different range for low and high performance. Can you change the range w/in high or low performance? I'm assuming its for uping or lowering boost within a given performance mode. Those that aren't totally confused and have some idea of what i'm talking please reply.

Also since its not a chip can't you use one on a number of different cars?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yeah, I am actually good friends with the owner of Elite Motorworks. Matt is a good guy. Anyways, I got REVO from them. I think where you're confused is that the base program is not included with the SPS3 controller. You buy the prog for $500, then you can buy the SPS3 for $350, or something like that. The SPS has, low/high boost settings, the built in alarm, and timing variation. You can combine boost settings and timing settings to get the most out of your car for that time of year, and temp..so on. It's convenient to have if you're dynoing, and you want to switch some settings up real quick before your next run. Also, if you're going to get REVO, I recommend getting the 4 bar FPR with it. REVO has a 4 bar prog that's still $500 and it gives you another 10-15 HP. I'm not talking about 4 bar of boost, obviously.

[ November 11, 2003: Message edited by: supertom9903 ]

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks very much, I'll probably stay w/my choices of giac chipsswitch or apr cruise control switch. I really don't wanna mess w/timing just yet. How does this work w/variable valve timing?

·
Registered
500 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rubbadubdub:
tom, did u ever have any surging with ur revo?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had surging for about an hour with the demo, but since I got the actual program, no I haven't.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Do you know why you had surging during the demo and what boost and timing settings are you running? I am thinking about getting revo and it seems so random who has surging problems and who doesnt...almost like each ecu has a mind of it own lol

·
Registered
500 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rubbadubdub:
Do you know why you had surging during the demo and what boost and timing settings are you running? I am thinking about getting revo and it seems so random who has surging problems and who doesnt...almost like each ecu has a mind of it own lol<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I can't say exactly why I had surging. My best guess would be that the ECU was like, "What the hell is this?!" and then it was like "SWEEEET!" and chilled out. I don't know what the default timing setting is, but I spike boost at about 22-23psi, and hold at 18-20. All the dubbers I know that have REVO don't have any surging (about 7 people).

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Supertom 9903 are u sure they need to install something under the hood for the SPS3? I believe what you say but reading the newest european car its talks about the sps3 and says without soldering or even raising the hood (reading it right from mag)??
I wanna chip my car but I don't wanna drive over an hour to the closest authorized chip dealers for apr or giac

·
Registered
500 Posts
I don't have an SPS 3 yet. I'm planning on getting one when I get back from the dessert, but I've never heard of anything that you have to solder. It plugs into your OBD II port and you change whatever you want to change, then unplug it and you're done!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts