VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rich and i have been talking and we were thinking that it was time for a change, a change into some new shoes. I mean i love his wheels and i know he thinks the same, but how sweet would it be to be rolling on some 18" Mille Miglia Cup 3s's. tell me what you guys think.

he wants to get em, and a little love from you guys would maybe push him more towards them.

here's a pic of the wheels

and here is a pic of his car now

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i dont know what to do!! also anyone know what that kit is?

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dubwink:
i dont know what to do!! also anyone know what that kit is?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That kit looks pretty much like Caractere. The side skirts sort of give it away. I could be wrong. Doubt it, but could be. HAHA

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TF242:
That kit looks pretty much like Caractere. The side skirts sort of give it away. I could be wrong. Doubt it, but could be. HAHA<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! looks like you may be wrong TF!
i believe those side skirts belong to FREEDOM DESIGN

As for the shoes. I honestly think they look very very sick! if i had a choice i'd take the mille miglia's!!

[ May 28, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Registered
413 Posts
I think TF242 is right, the indent on the black one is longer than that Freedom Design one. I could see the confusion though.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Qwikkihf:
I think TF242 is right, the indent on the black one is longer than that Freedom Design one. I could see the confusion though.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see a slight difference as you noted.

However I think 1point8 is pretty damn close with his fine.

I know I am wrong for sure with the caractere bid as I just checked out their side skirts for the Golf. Way smoother. So I don't know and am eager to see what answers everybody will come up with.

Perhaps he mixed and matched sort of like I did? If so, thumbs up for being original and trying to boggle people minds.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Rich...why dont' you save your money for something else and keep your wheels? Maybe a...I don't know...Supercharger?? Think about what you can spend the money on...you already have nice wheels!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
yeah i would say keep your wheels ans blow the money in engine! i mean, yours are great!

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
rich. I love the "turbo" millie wheels. they are def sweet. but I also like the wheels you have on now. I also want to get some side skirts too-I want either the 337/20 anniversary ones, or the r32 ones. I like the flat look. as for the supercharger...ahh thats a lot of money. Id say if you were to do that, look into a 1.8t swap? is that out of the question?

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Rich the choice is yours but I would go for motor work .Your wheels are nice so I would not change them out just yet.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The kit isn't caractre i have caractre sides and they don't look like that, neither does the front end... as far as teh rims go, i see a lot of dubs with the porsche style rims on em, so if you don't mind having a popular rim on your ride then go for it cuz they look sick!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
well i dont think ill be gettin the s/c because of bad reviews and its just not worth it, id probly swap a vr or 1.8t in there. as for the kit, i know its not caractre, but i dont know what it may be, i wanna know what the front is cause it looks sweet! from the side atleast.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
vr...if you are going to go bigger, go vr. I would also like side skirts, dont know if I will go the whole 9 yards, and go with the front and back bumper, but I would at least like to get sides. rich, Im gonna email you bout joey mod. later

·
Registered
380 Posts
that black gti has everything from freedom design except the front valance. The sideskirts, and rearskirt are both from freedom design but the front lip looks more like rieger or one of these front lip

that are my interpretations

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
yeah i would go VR6. i have found that its nice for the turbo, but what makes you not turbo a VR? hehe, more starting power so more ending power right?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TimmayGTi:
yeah i would go VR6. i have found that its nice for the turbo, but what makes you not turbo a VR? hehe, more starting power so more ending power right?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

::evil laughter:: nice ideas timmay!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts