VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased some ADR rs lim. BURNOUT 17x7 rims with 205/40 Kumhos. Is ADR a respectable rim amoung the v-dubb owners?
Kumho? Or do they seem to Asian. I swapped my Civic out for a 96 Jetta. So I'm still a bit Japanese minded.

Rim photo

[ March 17, 2004: Message edited by: vdubbin ]

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
If you haven't heard of ADR you need to read some more. ADR's are fine, nothing special in the community, but they are not to frown apon. (Much better then Motegis!!!)
The price is good so who cares.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also sit on some ADR's, I think the Burnout's are sweet. I have Cyphers. Hook up a pic when you get them slapped on.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by solidinside:
the name sounds rice but they look good<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, no, no... your thinking of that lighted exhaust tip from autozone! haha these look much better than that tailpipe nightlight

adr is a decent wheel... and for the price its hard to beat... you might wannt get some better tires though, everyone i know who has run kumhos has complained about numerous let downs. just a heads up!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the heads up. When I had my civic I ran Toyo's then sumitomo's cuz the Toyo's were so damn high. They both lasted well, I may go that direction again if the kumho's give me some trouble.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vwspeed97:
broc's
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BrocK

·
Registered
18 Posts
have had both adr rims and rs limited rims. the ard's held up extremly good with the rough roads in PA. the rs limited seem to be doing the same but they are still fairly new. there the basically the same brand rim i think they both have the exact same size markings on the inside of them. i also got kuhmo tires with the adr's i had. they were the estca supra 712 series and they worked just fine. had them on for about 2 years summer and winter and never had to put any air in them or anything. the traction wasnt the best but for the price of them they i was extremly pleased.

·
Registered
153 Posts
those rims should work on your dub.. i'm a fan of the euro look, but they'll look good.. :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think they are badass, how much of a lip do they have? Its always nice to have a fat lip when it comes to rims.... not fights, keep dubbin! -DirtCheap

·
Registered
21 Posts
i'm not a big fan of those wheels that have many different bolt patterns, they would look nice if they came with a nice center cap to cover it up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts