VW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey can you guys help me out by telling me what the best rims are to buy!
I want to throw some new rims on befor waterfest and I am having trouble trying to find some rims that i like.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
One thing that will help is what year and model is your VW. Also what color? Have any pics?
jon

·
Registered
433 Posts
how much are you looking to spend?

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I think that newer dubs especially black ones look hot on mesh wheels. With a lip. That only narrows it down to a couple million different ones.

oh yeah and go big

[ May 28, 2003: Message edited by: 89jettawolfs ]

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just picked up some Motegi MRMs in a 17" for about a grand. Take a look online to figure out what style you like then, because it is hard to tell online, go to some shows or look at some pics and see how your styles actually look on a VW.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
OZ Racing Superleggera's, only way to go on a black dub. That's what I want

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geo:
I went to discount tire and bought 18s Konig W/ tires for 1300 ,the tires are youka SPEC 2
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post some pictures.

·
Registered
125 Posts
DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, GO W/ 18" RIMS, IT DOESNT SOUND LIKE MUCH (1"), HOWEVER YOU WILL SEE A DISTINCT DIFFERENCE, AND BE SURE TO HAVE A DROP KIT INSTALLED OR ELSE THE WHEEL WELL SPACE WILL LOOK BADD W/ THE NEW WHEELS, GOOD LUCK

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marcus Coyle:
tires.com they have the program where you can try different wheels out on your car... you can change the color of the car the size of the rims.. im about to buy some 19's from there, 1800 bucks with tires....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tirerack.com has the same thing. I've never heard anything about tires.com, but tirerack has a good reputation from what I know.

·
Registered
777 Posts
tires.com they have the program where you can try different wheels out on your car... you can change the color of the car the size of the rims.. im about to buy some 19's from there, 1800 bucks with tires....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts