VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was wondering how wide we could go with rims on our cars...i found a set that were 18x9.5 on back and 18x8.5 on front...just wondering if our cars could handle this.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
i may not be the best help here but i would say you may wanna roll out your fenders for rims that size. how much of a drop you looking at along with the rims? i dont think you need to roll the front fenders, i think you just need to trim the fender well, but the rear i would say get rolled. thats just me though. maybe other will disagree. hope i helped something.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whats that

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nIGaTuk1.8T:
whats that<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its the customer service number for tirerack. Call them, they'll be able to tell you what fits and what doesnt.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well im thinking about this along with a wide body kit of some sort possibly if needed...also probably going to get an H&R cup kit.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eh he said 18x8 is the biggest he thinks...but didnt seem to sure...all he did was plug in my car info into the computer like i can do myself and found what wheels came up...im liking these quick responses. lol anyone got wide wheels that know for sure how far you can go before modifying.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok got some more information and he said I could do 8.5 all the way around but wouldnt be able to do the 9.5 in the rear...well now i guess if anyone else was wondering they know too lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts