VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, where do I start...my paint and body guy kinda screwed up my car. He attempted to pull up the weather stripping rubber around the outside windows in order to paint my car. That was fine and dandy with me, except when it was put back into place, it is full of bumps and ripples!! I am not sure if it's due to the weather or just him being an incompetent jackass.... any takers on this one??

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
probably a jackass... any mechanic that takes something apart should be able to put it back together correctly. go back and tell him about it

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Check the ends of the weather stripping to see if they reach where they are supposed to reach. It seems like the rippling is a result of them not being stretched properly.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I agree with raf on this one. It also could be due to the colder weather and it is trying to shrink up. Try smoothing it out by starting at one and and pushing it back down as you go towards the other end.
jon

[ October 03, 2003: Message edited by: Bora2021 ]

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I'll see what I can do about this, it's very unsightly if I do say so myself...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts