VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im extremely pissed right now as i was driving down Taxachusetts intersate 95 there was alot of ruts in the highway along with rocks and gravel.....why i dont know? so i get home and somthing told me to just check the front of my car and whoa what do i find my passenger side high beam lens smashed.....i have the roads here reallt bad.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Canada is no better.

Sorry to hear that you lamp got smashed due to such a stupid reason.

I tell you that much... don't go to Germany, cause once you see their roads you will cry every day.

Imagine much darker asphalt mixed with recycled rubber from tires.

I have no clue why North America doesn't realize that the rubber in that asphalt improves the grip ten fold.

Think Government THINK!

Rubber on Rubber = Greater Traction. DUH.

Not mentioning the environmental point of view here... pointing at the countless piles of used tires all across North America.

[ May 26, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Thomas, i'll tell you why they don't. $$$$$ They rather save a couple of bucks and replace the road ever 10 years or so then spend alot of money at once and have a road that will last alot longer. But JJ, i feel your pain. Back in Feb, I bent two rims when a pot hole ate the side of my car.
jon

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I know what you mean our roads are horrible here in pa. There are so many horrible pot holes inmy town i take main roads everywhere. Every side street is fullof poy holes and broken glass. I hate it.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
that really sucks man, im sorry. damn roads

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks ill make sure i order those next time now i just have to find out how much is itis to replace the high beam lens

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TF242:
Canada is no better.

Sorry to hear that you lamp got smashed due to such a stupid reason.

I tell you that much... don't go to Germany, cause once you see their roads you will cry every day.

Imagine much darker asphalt mixed with recycled rubber from tires.

I have no clue why North America doesn't realize that the rubber in that asphalt improves the grip ten fold.

Think Government THINK!

Rubber on Rubber = Greater Traction. DUH.

Not mentioning the environmental point of view here... pointing at the countless piles of used tires all across North America.

[ May 26, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
good point thomas. maybe PA, and the whole US for that matter, will get a hint, & take advice from the germans. JJ, sorry to hear about that..

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
yeah i defintately know what you are going through. the road that goes to my development is so shitty. im constantly swerving and dodging pot holes and dips in the road.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by m of team sand s:
Thats why in p.a. ,they call the road dept. penn cot because all they do is put pavemant patches everywhere.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true, There's alot of sink holes in my town . There's one right in the middle of main street. It sinks a little and almost every other month they pur more pavment over it. They'll do anything to get out of really fixing somthing.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Thats why in p.a. ,they call the road dept. penn cot because all they do is put pavemant patches everywhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts