VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So most of you if not all know that a few months ago my last jetta was totaled in an accident that was completely my fault. Lesson learned I was dumb and I'm lucky no one was hurt. After all the insurance business was done I was left with 5 grand for my next car. So the search was on! After a few weeks went by my buddy stumbled upon this gorgeous 2004 platinum gray jetta gls. A little over 78K miles, 2.0L 5-speed, mint black heated leather interior, sunroof, for 4 grand. Long story short my buddy negotiated the guy down to 3600 and by the end of the weekend I officially owned the car.

Before I even drove it I picked up some new front brake pads and rotors since the old ones were past due, and found some long beaches for sale locally with tires. My buddy did me a huge favor and got the car ready while I was at school during the week so when I picked it up the next weekend it was all ready to go. He even surprised me with a free GLI suspension(rear installed) and 20mm spacers installed in the rear.

Plans for now are mainly maintenance related, new parts will come with time. Shooting for changes around summer time hopefully. For now I'm getting the hang of the new transmission and just loving being back on the road again.

Now for a few pics...

·
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a good price. Welcome back. You old one was an auto right?
Yeah my 2002 was an auto so I'm having fun with this one. I've gotten used to the takeoffs already though. Now I just have to practice them on an incline.

·
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
781 Posts
I can't see the pictures!!! Is there a way to get them back up? Sucks about the previous car but at least you were alright. Sounds like you came out on top though with this one.

·
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't see the pictures!!! Is there a way to get them back up? Sucks about the previous car but at least you were alright. Sounds like you came out on top though with this one.
Not sure why you can't see them. Anyone else having issues?

·
Registered
163 Posts
dam thats a nice stock jetta wish i had those candy canes and trunk on my jetta

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
congratulations!
looks good!
glad you got away from auto tragic!
now just be nice to it.. and no horse play on dirt roads!
lesson learned.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I can see them now I'm not sure why they wouldn't show up yesterday. Looks to be in pretty good shape though! Once you get into driving a manual you really don't wanna go back. It doesn't bother me to drive in city traffic.

·
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Came home for Thanksgiving break today so I finally got some time to work on my car. I finally got to install my .:R dead pedal and I had enough daylight to restore my headlights. I also used some scratch-x on some light surface scratches and they cleared right up.

Since I have all week off I hope to give the car a good cleaning, inside and out. And as of tonight my CEL turned on so hopefully I can diagnose that as well.

·
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah I was wondering when it was going to happen. It wouldn't be a true Volkswagen without one :roll:

1 - 20 of 99 Posts