VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
Any of u has this prob.?

When the car is in neutral and i push the gas up to 2000 Rpm I can feel the car shaking. Anybody else got this problem???
Any suggestions????

Thanx

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slaven GTI:
Hey guys.
Any of u has this prob.?

When the car is in neutral and i push the gas up to 2000 Rpm I can feel the car shaking. Anybody else got this problem???
Any suggestions????

Thanx
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats the engine.

On a more serious note, it could be a number of things ranging from bad motor mounts to the type of gasoline you are putting in it. More details would help.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Is it only in neutral, or when you are driving as well? Also, what range does it occur over, you said it staarts at 2000 RPM, but when does it stop, or does it go all through the rpm range?

·
Registered
500 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slaven GTI:
Hey guys.
Any of u has this prob.?

Any suggestions????

Thanx
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sounds like a serious overtorque problem. Try getting a lighter flywheel to get rid of some of that torque!

·
Registered
423 Posts
You could have a skip or a miss in the engine.

Spray each plug wire or coil pack with water. But don't use a hose. Use a spray bottle. You could have a bad wire. When you spray it, it will start to skip and or miss, or just run rough.

Good luck,
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It only happens when the car is in neutral and only at 2000 rpm, not less and not more than 2000. I guess I should take it to the dealer cuz im still under warranty.

Let me know what you guys think, and its not a big deal or anything its just a little shake thats all.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
huh. if it was a motor mount, I would think that it would get worse the higher the RPM's climed. It could be that you have a cylinder missing, but then again, that wouldn't be rev specific. I would definately take it in since you are under warranty. The only thing I could think is that the MAF may be going bad, and that is just the point in the program that it "blacks out".

Good luck, and let us know what you find out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts