VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay.. Why did they make the running lights go off whenever the parking brake is engaged? I don't suppose this functionality can be altered?
I apply the parking brake at lights so I'm not sat on the brake blinding the guy behind with my red lights.

Seems like an utterly retarded decision to me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got this advise from the Tex:

Pull out the light switch, and look at the terminals on the back, take a piece of electrical tape and put it on the terminal labeled "TFL", that runs your daytime running lights, now you can switch them off and on! Just a nother easy mod!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just drive with your headlights on all the time. NJ is a scary place to drive. The only places worse are LA and Florida

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess, but one which would likely invalidate your insurance - i.e. if you were in an accident and someone noticed the absence of your running lights, the insurance co. who would have known about your car having running lights would then be in a great position to tell you you weren't insured.
I don't really object to having running lights - it's NJ after all, and the morons on the road in NJ need as much help seeing other cars as possible. I just object to the lights being out if the parking brake is on.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I sortof like DRLs. but a lot of people do not. It is def a safety issue. I remember when saturn came out with commercials advertising drls. If you have the e-code switch(check out the group buy), turn it ONE TURN. that should just turn your city (the tiny little lights) on only. hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
What he means is: he doesn't want the DRL off. When he engages parking brake.

Solution: Read JimmyC post again. If you want lights galore turn your night lights on.

Brian is trying to help with the de-activation of the DRL's. Which is a great tip too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts