VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
I've heard of a few people doing this. I've never ridden in a car with it though. I wonder if it smells like french fries when you're driving?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
thats some crazy stuff. i bet that we could see something like this coming out a lot more. thats really cool though.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TailpipeSmokeshow:
I wonder if it smells like french fries when you're driving?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes... yes it does.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Biodiesel is a viable fuel source, and the Petrol industry is damn pissed about it, because it is reasonably cheap, rapidly renuable, and is a recycled product, all of which takes from their profits. Any diesel car/truck can use Biodiesel with no modifications. I think Conway trucking was in negotiations with a company from minnesota to start using it in their Semi's. But I don't know if the deal ever went through.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:
Biodiesel is a viable fuel source, and the Petrol industry is damn pissed about it, because it is reasonably cheap, rapidly renuable, and is a recycled product, all of which takes from their profits. Any diesel car/truck can use Biodiesel with no modifications. I think Conway trucking was in negotiations with a company from minnesota to start using it in their Semi's. But I don't know if the deal ever went through.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think any new diesel car/truck can run it without mods but I think slightly older diesels need a few mods but nothing major. This is all just what I heard though...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by silverGTI:
that is very interesting. I wouldnt like the fried food smell, but I woulndt mind not paying for gas.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i feel the same way. gotta take the good with the bad though, money is good, smell is bad.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I know in the state of delaware alot of the farmers are starting to use Biodiesel in all of their equipment and some state owned vehicles will run on this. My dads company actually has some vehicles that run on CNG which is cool
jon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts