VW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From dubwerks.com]

dub werks "S2" Turbo Upgrade is designed for the Volkswagen Transverse 1.8T engine. We designed the "S2" kit with drivability, reliability and power in mind. We also wanted a kit that would be very complete, including every component for the install process.

The "S2" Kit uses GIAC programming tuned specifically for our setup to correctly optimize the power of this upgrade. The turbo is an Airwerks S2 turbo with an upgraded compressor wheel. For this upgrade we chose to design a Tubular Stainless Manifold which was then built for us by Innovative Turbo who has extensive experience with Stainless Manifolds and high horsepower vehicles.

http://www.dubwerks.com/products/turbokit/index.htm

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
i wonder how much power this puts down!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1point8T:
i wonder how much power this puts down!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just about to post that. It would have been nice for them to give what type of power your looking at. I say around 300whp

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bora2021:
I was just about to post that. It would have been nice for them to give what type of power your looking at. I say around 300whp<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From dubwerks:
The dub werks "S2" Turbo Upgrade Kit is not available for purchase until after all testing has been completed. At that time, we will announce final horsepower numbers for 93 and 100 Octane as well as final product pictures and a full parts list.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sounds like its a pretty sweet deal...and with the polished manifold and turbo thats lookin nice

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
The kit costs too much money for what it is IMHO when you can buy the ATP GT28RS kit, and a fuel system for $3k and make the same power with a diode and MBC. Even if you don't want to go the route of diode and MBC, you can simply get the Revo big turbo software added in there for around $3700 total and still make the same power for less.

Shit....if you want to really save money then you could buy a T3/T04e with a stage II hot wheel and .48 ar and have the same spool up and make the same power, and with a Stage III hot wheel you would make much more power with a slightlysmaller power band. Buy the t3/t4 with the ATP manifold, and all the oil lines etc and fuel system, you could do the same thing for $2000 and make the same power or more for less than half as much. These companies making mass produced kits need to be more competitive because people are slowly finding out that it isnt hard at all to build your own and make the same or more power than these kits ever will....it really isn't rocket science, people have been doing it for years on every other FI car made.

Expect this kit to put down around 300 on pump gas and 330 on 100 octane. For those prices though, it should include an intercooler and a month of free BJ's IMHO. I will give them credit though.....their exhaust manifold is the hotness.......

[ March 03, 2004: Message edited by: Big Dong ]

·
Registered
223 Posts
I deal with dub werks a lot most of my stuff is from them. I have seen him at the track with the same stuff I have except he has giac software and he did a 14.4 at the track with chip, evo cai, turbo back from tt, with the suspention. my opinion he is one inexperienced driver. I also saw him at the track with this turbo and intercooler and he did a 13.7 at the track that doesnt impress me at all because I know a guy in town that did 13.8 and he had what I have with apr sophware and momo seats which dont do much. anyway dubwerks crew they are cool peepz but I tell u something they know stuff like suspention to install but then he striped my bolts on the swaybar I could have nearly did a 360 when the right side unscrewed. also my buddy took a 97 vr6 to install a turbo they didnt do it right. they are sooooo called big here in chicago land area they are in libertyville 40 min away but they dont know much. he is runing stock clutch with no lsd maybe thats why he did 13.7 at the trach but for $4500 thats a ripoff.

·
Registered
510 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Dong:
The kit costs too much money for what it is IMHO when you can buy the ATP GT28RS kit, and a fuel system for $3k and make the same power with a diode and MBC. Even if you don't want to go the route of diode and MBC, you can simply get the Revo big turbo software added in there for around $3700 total and still make the same power for less.

Shit....if you want to really save money then you could buy a T3/T04e with a stage II hot wheel and .48 ar and have the same spool up and make the same power, and with a Stage III hot wheel you would make much more power with a slightlysmaller power band. Buy the t3/t4 with the ATP manifold, and all the oil lines etc and fuel system, you could do the same thing for $2000 and make the same power or more for less than half as much. These companies making mass produced kits need to be more competitive because people are slowly finding out that it isnt hard at all to build your own and make the same or more power than these kits ever will....it really isn't rocket science, people have been doing it for years on every other FI car made.

Expect this kit to put down around 300 on pump gas and 330 on 100 octane. For those prices though, it should include an intercooler and a month of free BJ's IMHO. I will give them credit though.....their exhaust manifold is the hotness.......

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn how much does the manifold go for and does it fit a 2002 1.8t???

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Don't know if they will sell the manifold seperately (cuz then why would you buy the entire kit) buyt it should fit any transverse mounted 1.8T motor. I would expect a manifold like this to sell for well over $1000. As nice as this one is, you can get the ATP log style manifold for around $400 and while it isn't as nice as the dubwerks one, it is a much better deal and you can put the money you saved into something like a better turbo choice that will more than make up for the power difference between the two designs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SilverstoneGTI:
I deal with dub werks a lot most of my stuff is from them. I have seen him at the track with the same stuff I have except he has giac software and he did a 14.4 at the track with chip, evo cai, turbo back from tt, with the suspention. my opinion he is one inexperienced driver. I also saw him at the track with this turbo and intercooler and he did a 13.7 at the track that doesnt impress me at all because I know a guy in town that did 13.8 and he had what I have with apr sophware and momo seats which dont do much. anyway dubwerks crew they are cool peepz but I tell u something they know stuff like suspention to install but then he striped my bolts on the swaybar I could have nearly did a 360 when the right side unscrewed. also my buddy took a 97 vr6 to install a turbo they didnt do it right. they are sooooo called big here in chicago land area they are in libertyville 40 min away but they dont know much. he is runing stock clutch with no lsd maybe thats why he did 13.7 at the trach but for $4500 thats a ripoff.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello. This is Nermin, correct? I would first like to say that this post shocks me, especially since you frequent our shop quite often. Let me start by replying to some of this post here.....your swaybar situation was explained completely to you. Second, who is your friend with the 97 VR6 Turbo? The only 1997 Turbo car that we built is owned by Pineapplemonkey (allow him to take you for a ride sometime), we did have someone who had a turbo installed elsewhere that came in to have us go over the car due to it not running correctly. We DID NOT install that turbo kit so please dont come onto forums spreading around false information which this post is full of.

If anyone else has any other questions about our kit, please feel free to email me at [email protected] or [email protected]

Thank you.

·
Registered
500 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Dong:

Expect this kit to put down around 300 on pump gas and 330 on 100 octane. For those prices though, it should include an intercooler and a month of free BJ's IMHO.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exactly right. I'm going to do a T3/T04E 65 trim this winter. I'm going to run REVO big turbo (which only cost $200 if you already have REVO) and spend about $1700-$1900, including tuning. I should be at about 350+ whp. This kit is $5000 and the initial test dynoed 352ish in pump gas. I think there are better ways the go about it. As far as the GT28RS kit goes. That is a bomb ass turbo kit. It spools fast and holds till redline. The only problem is, you're only getting about 300whp unless you're running 23-25psi out of it. I wouldn't feel safe driving it around all the time at those boost levels.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts