VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey - ok I really need advice on this one. So I bought my gorgeous 2002 black 1.8t GTI in late June from a used car place. Saved some cash, since it had 1,800 miles on it, and I got it for about 4000 less than new. (see where this is going?) They told me it had a clean title, so I thought this is cool and bought it. Well a lot of shit's been going wrong with it, windows falling in, which I thought was a normal defect, check engine light, which ended up being a clutch switch, etc. So everything's been replaced under warranty so far at my dealer at home. Now I'm back at college, 2 hours away from home. So two days ago I can't shift into anything, and I have it towed today by VW. The dealership here calls me, says this thing's been in a major accident, and the transmissions been badly welded, it's leaking and they want $4,300 for it. It's not under warranty because it's been welded or something. What do I do? I was thinking of taking it to my original dealership to see if they'd not notice and do it under warranty, but my friend said they're likely to notice a huge weld if it's out of place, though they didn't notice anything when they replaced the clutch switch, so I might be lucky. Either way, does anyone have any advice???? I can't afford $4300!!! Can I sue someone? Something???

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well i would at lease go back to the dealer who you bought it from. Is there anything that you signed saying it was a clean title?? If so then they guy who sold it to you can be liable for it.
jon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts