VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out these engine rebuild packages. for a lil under 3k u can push 600hp. I was wondering if i get this and give them my engine as a core, since its only a short block will i need to put all the other stuff on it then?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
The short block price is not for a 600hp engine. It is for a 600hp+ capable engine with reinforced internals. The compression is most likely lowered since it is made for a turbo application. The core charge is is you do not provide your oem short block for them to use.

You will need a turbo kit to make it a VR6 turbo as this service is only building up the engine's internals, not turboing it.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DuckDub:
Check out these engine rebuild packages. for a lil under 3k u can push 600hp. I was wondering if i get this and give them my engine as a core, since its only a short block will i need to put all the other stuff on it then?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

where did you get that price of 3 grand? if that's possible, that's a real good price. From looking on their site, it seems that they make quality stuff. I would contact them and ask them specifics.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yea im guessin that 600 plus WHP jetta they have on their running 9 second quarters cost more then 3 grand...i dunno where u got 3 thousand from...where did it list prices???

·
Registered
291 Posts
Oh ok now i see the prices and where u got it from...but it says "$2950.00 + core" i thinking the core is the cost of the other things listed before it and i dont see anything about a turbo so you might need to have the turbo already before any of this work done...not completely sure.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
szodjo got it right. The core charge is if they have to supply you with the stock block. The turbo and bolt ons to get the 600 HP would be over and above the 3grand that this internal refit would cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts