VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without sounding like a total moron...could someone tell me more about a Bora? I know that they are the overseas version of the A4 Jetta, but do they have any special features? Also, how does one go about finding one here in the States? Thanks!
-Emley

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well to make this answer short. It's basicly the same car. But in europe they offer many more options then here in the NA. The bumper are a bit diffrent where some models have a rubber strip. You also can get HID, GPS, options for the alarm, many diffrent engine set-ups to name a few. It would be cheaper to actually buy all the diffrent options then to have one shipped over here. I think the guy that won the MK4 Stock class made his into a euro-spec Bora down to the GPS. Very nicely done. To have one shipped over here you would have to pay a huge fee, change up some stuff to make it US-DOT approved (like changing headlights). HTH and i'm sure someone else will chime in mentioning other diffrences.
jon

[ October 06, 2003: Message edited by: Bora2021 ]

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
The emblem in the rear says BORA and here is says Jetta. LOL.

On a more serious note:

- Bumper strip covers the North American Position Lights on the corners of the Jetta

- As Jon mentioned they get ULTRASOUND alarm (not as an option... STOCK !!!)

- E-Spec Headlights

- Slightly different Catalytic Converter (to meet Euro TUV)

And like Jon said... I am sure there will be more chiming in... DING DING...

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
You can get them with 4-motion in Europe. Where's the love for 4-motion in the US

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sweetassjetta97:
WOW! Bora's are shinier?? I never woulda known...Thanks Raf!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there anything else you need "shoolin" for?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm, you know, I'll have to think about that one Raf..but you're first on my list of helpers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts