VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
o boy, got a problem. front right rotor. break is making a lil scraping noise everytime the wheel turns. im taking rim and caliper and pad off and cleaning the brakes, i was told by a friend of mine that it sounds like the brake pad or caliper is loose, buttttttt. maybe rotor??? i would think that i coulda heard it coming, just started hearing it yesterday, Jacob heard it, any more input?? any help is appreciated! thanks,

Zak

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, but i got it alot quieter. i got some brake cleaner and sprayed it everywhere but pads (the can said not to). and then i took it on the interstate, put it up to 90- then braked really hard down to like 30, did it 3 times. its a lot better-

-pad is fine.

Zak

·
Registered
158 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flukeoff:
o boy, got a problem. front right rotor. break is making a lil scraping noise everytime the wheel turns. im taking rim and caliper and pad off and cleaning the brakes, i was told by a friend of mine that it sounds like the brake pad or caliper is loose, buttttttt. maybe rotor??? i would think that i coulda heard it coming, just started hearing it yesterday, Jacob heard it, any more input?? any help is appreciated! thanks,

Zak
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> check the inside of your wheel are there and scrapes on the inside of the wheel from where it rubbed . If no scrapes then what you decribed sounds like your wheel bearing has gone out-- My buds Mk2 did the same makes an awful noise every time the wheel turns- has nothing to do w/ the brakes.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
93k, i JUST replaced the front left wheel bearing. its not the wheel bearing tho. i havent heard it in a few days either.

Zak

1 - 6 of 6 Posts