VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am a newbie here. I just bought my Jetta 03 in Sep, also purchasing the Symtech Rust protection from the dealer.

Too bad I got a scratch from someone in a parking lot. I wonder if I do the touch up, will the rust protection still be effective?

thanks,

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
It might if your using the VW touch-up paint. Best bet is to ask the dealer.
jon

·
Registered
844 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI2001:
Best bet is to ask the dealer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I 2nd that. They are the only ones that could tell ya for sure.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I'm not sure if I have the same thing he's talking about, but mine has just paint protection. Basically, it protects agains road tar and tree sap and crap like that that, the stuff just falls right off when I wash it. Also, if I had bought the warrenty for it (for an extra $150), it anything where to ruin my paint, the dealer would have it repainted for me. Only thing about it though, is now, when I dry my car after washing it, it looks all swirlly, like there's something on the paint. Anyone elses car do this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes... I think VW does suppose covering 12 years, but the sales told me that the VW warrantly would only be effective if it rusts through the body, like u can see a hole. Guess I will probably find some bodyshop to fix the paint for me... to make it look really nice...

thanks for advices though...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Rust protection? That's weird, never heard of that. Doesn't the VW warranty cover rust and corrosion for some insane amount of years?

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
V33dub_GTI- the swirl marks are like tiny scratches to your car's finish-I have them too (I don't know if this is what you have or not). It is common in cars to get swirl marks on them after a while-probably from either the sponge or towel you use. I don't know what to tell you to do. Hope this helped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts