VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was washing my car this weekend, i was going to do the full ext. detail, i got some cotton diapers and my wax after i was done cleaning and proceded to wax my hood, i waxed one section and when i was done i noticed spider web like lines running up my hood, (not to mention the stone chips in the hood...thats another story.) it only shows when the light hits it just right, but it pisses me off, since this will cause hazing in the paint and a duller finish, this is the first dark colored car (indigo blue) ive owned and it shows more on this than on my past cars. ive lost faith in cotton products for polishing, does anyone have any info on what the best product for removing these lines would be and are sponges better for buffing/polishing? i want that wet paint look alla time!

·
Registered
174 Posts
there used to be a product called swirl remover from mirror glaze, it worked great on my black clearcoat. I also have a friend that uses Zymol on his black cars; they always look showroom.

Meguiars Swirl Remover

[ January 13, 2003: Message edited by: JimmyC ]

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Before you begin to polish your car you want to ensure that all of the dirt has been removed. The slightest bit can cause scratches. Next make sure you are always using a clean polishing wet pad or teri cloth. Almost everything I use is made by Meguiars http://www.teammeguiars.com

They made a swirl remover; this should take care of your marks.

I would also browse their site a bit to see all their great products http://www.teammeguiars.com damn listen to me sounds like I work for them
Best of luck!!!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
However there is one product the maguirs (sp?) makes that I am not satisfied with.
It is their tire cleaner/shine cleaner. It supposed to last weeks but it only lasts 4 to 5 days and it really faded my Yokohoma tires, in some places turning it almost brown(ish). It was around twice the price of any other tire cleaner in the aisle so I went for it. (Sort of regret it now).

The Swirl remover works great on the other hand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts