VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter bought a 2001 jetta vr 6 last April. A month later I had the timing chains done because they were chattering. I went to a local vw independent shop. I told them while they were at it to change the crack pipe. They charged me for all of the parts and labor.

Last week, the car developed a bad coolant leak. I call the shop and now they are out of business. Now I have to take it somewhere else to get fixed for $600. The mechanic that fixed it said that it has never been replaced and looks like original equipment. I thought about fixing it myself but it is beyond my skills.

Since they are out of business, is there anything that I can do?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
You should still be able to take them to small claims court. Use the companies last known address. The sheriff's department will then find a way to serve the owners.

If the company filed for bankruptcy they'll add your name to the list of people they owe, and if there's any money left, you might get a portion of what was actually spent.

I would see if you can get a free consultation from a lawyer and see what they think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts