VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May I know if it is normal that...when you don't wear your seatbelt, there's no warning light? My dealership told me that the seatbelt warning light is supposed to turn off a few seconds after you start your engine.... which seems strange comparing to all other cars.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Mine turns off after a while too. Anybody else. Not that I care since 90% of the time I do have my seatbelt on and so should you.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Ya, its about 3-4 seconds after the beeper stops. I always wear my seatbelt though. The only time Ive noticed this is when Im working on the car and turn it on.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Wow SilverGTI, I'm very glad to hear you are alright. It's stories like that which make you realize that seatbelts are there for a reason.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I always wear my seatbelt-it saved my life about 4 years ago. I fell asleep behind the wheel, and wrecked into a phone pole (broke the pole in 2 places), and woke up when the truck rear hit the ground). I was not hurt at all (thank God). but yeah the light should flash and beep for a few seconds after you start your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts