VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an mk4 jetta and my drivers side seat heater isn't working but the passenger side IS working.. So I have checked the fuse and it is one fuse for both meaning thats not the problem, so my guess is that the element is burnt out or the wiring somewhere is not covered.. Any ideas of what the problem is and how I should go about fixing it? How much its gonna cost me to repair?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have an mk4 jetta and my drivers side seat heater isn't working but the passenger side IS working.. So I have checked the fuse and it is one fuse for both meaning thats not the problem, so my guess is that the element is burnt out or the wiring somewhere is not covered.. Any ideas of what the problem is and how I should go about fixing it? How much its gonna cost me to repair?
thanks in advance
Last time this came up on the forum it turned out to be some wires in the seat harness had been pulled out of a plug after the car had been in for service. You might check the plugs under the seat and see if you can trace the wiring that runs up under the seat cover.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Alot of times the switch in the dash itself is the cause.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I tested for conductivity on both sides between the switch and the seat, and there was about 5 ohms on both sides, then I switched the switchs and that still didnt help, so I opened the seat up and the two wires around your bum crack on the seat were broken so I sodered those back together.. Does anyone know if there is sensors anywhere or what I should do next because it is still not working?.. If its elements where would I get those and how much are they?
thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks in advance
Which one is the fuse of the seat heater?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts