VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CIP's GB on the german recaros got me thinking about upgrading the seats. (Mucho $$) So, I'm debating on getting covers like WET OKOLES. Does anyone here have these? Any info would be appreciated. TIA.

[ October 30, 2003: Message edited by: RafCarre12 ]

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Josh Fryauff:
...I think these will compliment the 2.0 much better:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You would think that wouldn't you.

Anyone else have any info?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I had these for my Jeep when i had it. I had the red and black set to match the red Jeep. I loved having these. One draw back was they fadded over a year or so but that's with a whole spring and summer with the top off and in the sun almost all day. With tinted windows you should have any problem with them fadding. Also i think they sell a UV spray to protect them. Now if you have heated seats i wouldn't advise on getting these unless your just going to use them for the spring and summer or if you just don't use it.
jon

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats why Jon is a moderator!
I was something similar to these, except that I would have the donut beetle headrests:

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
Thats why Jon is a moderator!
I was something similar to these, except that I would have the donut beetle headrests:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those are COVERS? They look great for covers...

I personally want my interior to look like the NB Color Concepts. I'd love to find a totalled one and grab everything that would fit in my car. If I can't do that I'd like to get my seats with custom red trim.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Sorry, but big dub is right; no seat covers on our seats because of the airbags.

but then again, it might be different for 2.0's

[ October 30, 2003: Message edited by: 109 LUVR ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I've seen some seat covers have it so you can still have them on with the airbag. I just contacted them and asked about it. we'll see what they say.
jon

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big dub:
i thought we shouldnt have seat covers in our cars because of the airbags in the seats
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point!

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Got an e-mail back from them
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> Our seat covers are side air bags compatible, don't worry...!!!

Aloha,
Wet Okole
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
So that answers that question.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bora2021:
Got an e-mail back from them
Our seat covers are side air bags compatible, don't worry...!!!

Aloha,
Wet Okole
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
So that answers that question.
Is it with holes, like the other guy told me?

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From what i understand yes, they have sticked holes on the side facing the doors to allow air bag to do their job.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Raf, I also had the covers for a Jeep. They were probably the best part of the Jeep. I would highly recommend them, you definatly will not be disapointed! You can spill drinks on them and it will just roll off. The only thing better than that is leather. (If you don't mind sticking to them in the summer)

[ October 31, 2003: Message edited by: SilverGolfCart ]

G

·
0 Posts
i got raceing seat off e bay foir 300 for 4 point full reclinable race seats...there called AXE raceing

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got two sets of those AXE seats... never even opend. They are black and red so i cant use them and they kept sending me the wrong color. But the seats are perfect.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts