VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to try to explain this with as few words as possible. I have a 2000 VW Jetta GLS 2.0. I was in the process of replacing my brake pads all the way around(got the back two done) when I decided to have my A/C checked because I was having issues with the A/C not working so I took it to a local mechanic who is reputable for A/C systems. When I took it in there were no other problems with the vehicle. I waited for 3 hours while they had half of the shop looking at my car. I got my car back and they said that they could not get their Computer to communicate with my car's computer correctly. When I got back into my car and started it, my check engine light was on. I went back inside but they said that they couldnt do anything about it because of their computer error with my car. Immediately after I started driving my "BRAKE" Light came on and started dinging constantly. I took it to advance auto and their computer couldnt read it either. After calling the dealership, I found out that I had to disconnect the aftermarket radio in order for the computer to communicate with the scan tool. I removed the radio and took it back to the shop, they still could not communicate with it. I then took it back to autozone where they were successful in reading the codes on it. The codes were P1850, P1780, P1850, P1780, P1255, P1472, and P1425. They cleared the codes and then the check engine light went off. This morning when I got up for work, I started my car and now my airbag light is on as well as the BRAKE light and the consistant beeping. I have no idea where to go from here. Is this a series of events or all inter-connected?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Definitely sounds like a computer issue.
You just have to make sure nothing is connected to the K wire on your stereo harness. It's the Blue and white one. Just clip that one, and you can keep your deck in.
When you did your back two, did you take off the E-brake line?
It almost sounds like something with that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured out the brake light, now the airbag

The brake light was caused from a blown 75amp fuse that must have blown from the computer that was hooked to my car. I have checked all fuses and they are all good, but my airbag light is still on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts