VW Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts

I found this in a thread on vortex. I love this boser. I would eventually like to have one myself but i am not sure how to go about it. Any Helpful hints?

·
4,053 Posts

I found this in a thread on vortex. I love this boser. I would eventually like to have one myself but i am not sure how to go about it. Any Helpful hints?
It's a custom boser. Most likely sheet metal welded onto his stock hood. It's not an extension piece like the speedtech boser extension.

·
4,053 Posts
yeah i know its all custom which is how i would want to do it. Im just not sure how haha
You just have to cut a piece of sheet metal and shape the front how you want it. That's the point of being custom. It's what YOU want.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I am assuming that you will also have to modify the hood relase lever to open the hood because the way it looks it looks like it will prevent it from working properly.

·
4,053 Posts
I am assuming that you will also have to modify the hood relase lever to open the hood because the way it looks it looks like it will prevent it from working properly.
Correct. Some people just replace the lever with a zip-tie and then just tuck the zip-tie behind the grille.

·
Registered
508 Posts
that makes sense i am going to eventually take that pic to a guy i know that does some body work here and there and see if he thinks we can pull it off.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
strong weed whacker string works well too.

i just shove my hand under the boser when it pop ups.. and slide my finger over the little metal hook and open it.
not bad.

not sure how i feel about that boser you posted.. it seems.. toooooo angry on a jetta.. But hey.. its custom.. and its what u want. so do you!

·
Registered
23 Posts
My dream car [ [url]http://www.victorycars.com/carimages/duesenberg%20spdstrRondrside1.jpg[/url] IMG]
Duesenberg

2nd: enzo
3rd: early 70 boss stang

[color=gray]Sent from [url=http://www.autoguide.com/mobile]AutoGuide.com Free App[/url][/color]

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
24 Participants
JBL
VW Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to entirely to all Volkswagen models including the Golf, Jetta, and Passat! Come join the discussion about TDI, Turbos, reviews, maintenance, upgrades, and more!
Full Forum Listing