VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summer is almost here so expect to get a bunch more questions on products from me. So with that here is number 2. Where can I get some door actuators for a mk4 jetta? This summer I am repainting my car and I figure since I am going to do that I might as well shave everything off while I am at it (door handles and emblem on trunk). So yeah, you guys are always good at pointing me in teh right direction so lemme have it

·
Registered
158 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheBoraDJ:
Summer is almost here so expect to get a bunch more questions on products from me. So with that here is number 2. Where can I get some door actuators for a mk4 jetta? This summer I am repainting my car and I figure since I am going to do that I might as well shave everything off while I am at it (door handles and emblem on trunk). So yeah, you guys are always good at pointing me in teh right direction so lemme have it
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

not sure about the doors, but as long as you are planning to repaint, i would suggest shaving the rub strips on the bumpers and doors and you could even go as far as having the bumpers molded into the fenders and the side skirts molded as well for the ultra smooth look- no seems. Good luck it will be a PITA but the finished product will be well worth it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i like the idea but i also kind of like having the rub stips because those lines carry the eye across the car and it looks funny to me without. But thanks

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I'm not a fan of molding the bumpers in because then they don't come off. I take mine off all the time for different things. But a shaved mk4 looks sweeeeeeeeet. Post some pics when done.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i love the look of a shaven dub. good luck with it man!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i like shaved p**** so i bet a shaved jetta would look great.. i would shave the side molding but not mold the bumpers and maybe the antenna

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big dub:
i like shaved p**** so i bet a shaved jetta would look great.. i would shave the side molding but not mold the bumpers and maybe the antenna
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unexpected...but defnitely agreed! I also agree about shaving the door moldings...it will look good I think.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
yeah. I was thinking about shaving off the side mouldings only. I would never do the door handles, or anything else. I had an idea for moulding the front valence into the bumper (for a custom rs look). but I too would keep the rub strip...as well as a shaved p****. hahaha

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Raf, were you at I.W.??? Yeah, I think lots of people got their mods on before IW, and so we got some pics, and updated our sig pics. I had to get a new one up, cause I love how my wheels look!!

bart--I kindof like the side indicators, or are you are talking about the bumper lights?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
now you guys got me thinkin, i think i want my side moldings shaved.. look so good.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Is this what you're looking for Rich? This looks soooo sweet...

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
ahh, I really like the hood, but the front and back bumpers are not my thing. too flashy, the back of the car looked like it was very tall, in reality, it sat pretty low.hmmm just not my deal.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
that hood is bitchen but as the ass, its not my thing. but Bora, what color you going for? i like the blue you got already. and i think it should look good shaved, not a fan of having shaved doors, but its your thing. and as for shaved p****, mesa really like!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh come on, you guys no i wouldnt go with another color, unless there is some phenomenal color for the jetta that i havetn seen, i have always thought a bright oragne would be cool as hell, but who knows.

·
Registered
158 Posts

I plan on getting my hatch shaved just like this- minus the mid hatch wing- sooo smooth

1 - 20 of 28 Posts