VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if our VWs have a universal pattern for aftermarket shift knobs, or does VW use it's own size? I'm looking into getting a sparco shift knob, but I don't want to get it home just to find out it doesn't fit, although it seems as if a lot of other members have aftermarket shift knobs. I would just like to make sure, and thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
the company who supplies you with the shift knob will most likely supply you with rubber adapters that fit into the shift knob to secure a tight fit. my momo shift knob came with three or four rubber pieces. each of them a different size but one fit perfectly on my shifter!

you shouldn't have any problem with the sparco shift knob. also while your replacing your shift knob i suggest hacking a bit off your shifter b/c you will notice that it becomes taller after you install your aftermarket shift knob!

[ August 22, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
or just get a sweet oem shift knob like I did. I love how it looks. its the euro turbo beetle shift knob and boot. very nice.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help Anthony. I also found this website that explains the process: http://www.roadsleeper.com/shiftknob.html. It has pictures and discussed the brass pin that secures the knob onto the shift lever; unfortunately, i doubt that the Sparco will come with a replacement for it.

Thanks for the tip Brian. Where did you get the beetle shift knob? I would really like to get a picture of it; is it like the lupo/GTI euro shifter?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts