VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do i shortent the stick on the 95 golf gti vr6 it looks like a dildo and it drives me nuts. can anyone help me here???

·
Registered
676 Posts
If you actually want to shorten the hieght of the shaft itself you'll have to do some cuttin of the shaft. Shortening the throw distance of the shift linkage, they sell short shifters for those........very easy to bolt right on.
Later, hope this helps........

·
Registered
124 Posts
You will have to become good friends with a good hacksaw. I started by taking an inch off.... I have now takin about 3in's off and I like it...along with a eurosport weighted shift rod... cheap and easy! Good luck with that

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS!that helps a ton.peace

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so if i just take a HACKSAW to the shaft and shorten it i wont have to do nething else to it??????

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Me and a friend of mine shortened the shifter on my jetta atleast two inches with a hack saw.I then bought a momo shift knob and red shift boot.It came out nice.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
yea u can either cut it then get a new knob or use a tap and die set and make the thread go down farther on the shaft and then cut it down and thread ur old knob on

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how much would i cost to order a 98 golf gti vr6 shift boot and shift knob from the dealer and put it on my 95 golf gti vr6?

·
Registered
893 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VR6Jetta04:
.. it looks like a dildo and it drives me nuts.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, i could understand hearing this comment from a chick...lol :p

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea well im not a girl trust me it just looks like it alot and it pisses me off but its not that annoying anymore although im still gonna drop it down a lil lol.peace.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts