VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Shine Racing where I got my GIAC chip. It was a wonderful experience and I wouldn't hesitate to send anyone there. They are very very nice, very knowledgable. The guy who installed my chip took his time and explained everything that was being done. I learned a lot today. I was also lucky enough to get a ride in a MK4 Jetta 1.8T with Shine springs, Bilstein HD shocks and a Shine rear sway bar. It far and away outhandled my H&R's. From now on anyone who asks me what kind of springs to get, I will tell them Shine. Hopefully soon I will be able to get some for myself.

I am also very happy with my chip. I can feel a noticable difference in the throttle response. After talking to them, I am sold on GIAC over any other chip any day. He explained how some companies like Neuspeed and Upsolute just "take files"(not 100% sure, but I guess he meant they steal their software from other companies), and how it's better to actually replace the chip than it is to just reprogram it. Lots of good stuff, everyone should go visit them sometime.

[ January 05, 2004: Message edited by: Straz85 ]

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Sucks that Tom totalled his car or you would have a rear sway bar right now!

Let me know when you are going to be in Jersey next so we can go on a ride in the 2.0

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
Sucks that Tom totalled his car or you would have a rear sway bar right now!

Let me know when you are going to be in Jersey next so we can go on a ride in the 2.0
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just down there! I probably won't be back for a while, so if you are ever passing through CT or MA let me know.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Straz85:
I just got back from Shine Racing where I got my GIAC chip. It was a wonderful experience and I wouldn't hesitate to send anyone there. They are very very nice, very knowledgable. The guy who installed my chip took his time and explained everything that was being done. I learned a lot today. I was also lucky enough to get a ride in a MK4 Jetta 1.8T with Shine springs, Bilstein HD shocks and a Shine rear sway bar. It far and away outhandled my H&R's. From now on anyone who asks me what kind of springs to get, I will tell them Shine. Hopefully soon I will be able to get some for myself.

I am also very happy with my chip. I can feel a noticable difference in the throttle response. After talking to them, I am sold on GIAC over any other chip any day. He explained how some companies like Neuspeed and Upsolute just "take files"(not 100% sure, but I guess he meant they steal their software from other companies), and how it's better to actually replace the chip than it is to just reprogram it. Lots of good stuff, everyone should go visit them sometime.

[ January 05, 2004: Message edited by: Straz85 ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Brett. how much are the shine springs? Im not in the market, but I was just wondering. I have heard good things about their sway bars. And where is the Shine shop located? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by silverGTI:
Brett. how much are the shine springs? Im not in the market, but I was just wondering. I have heard good things about their sway bars. And where is the Shine shop located? Thanks.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The springs run between $200 and $250. They are located in Walpole, MA. It's about half an hour south of Boston, which is about 1:15 south of me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts