·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mk3 Heater Core Swap Out is ridiculous.

Everything out of car

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

pondering commiting Sepukku after pulling out so much shit

-but must wear hoodie because it gets down to atleast 55 or 60 degrees in my garage which is intolerable when working on a car lol (thats for you canucks)

DONE!

On to the Next projects!

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
beyond Shiittttaaaaayyyyyy.

you know know how you said electrical gremlins makes you pull your hair out?

well a heater core swap might be a topper.

even more stuff has to be removed to get it out than what is shown in the pics so far.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Your first mistake was starting on Christmas Eve. For a successful heater core swap, you need to be in the zone - Zen Jetta mode. When I did it, I had my laptop running off the home WIFI for 2 blogsites that showed step by step how to do it. My wife thought I was crazy, but there is no way I wanted to be the pioneer on how to figure out the puzzle. Let me know if you need the blogsite links. You'll appreciate the heat after you have everything back together. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah man, send me some links!! I'm back working on it now. I will harness my inner Zen. Me and the Bodisattvaa are like this (crossing my fingers if you could see).

Canceled my snowboard trip tomorrow because I don't want to go snowboarding while thinking about my damn car.

I met the Dahli Llama last year when he came to America -I should have got a blessing for my car.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Snowboarding over cars. Period. I havent done anything to my car in a very long time so i can travel around to competitions over north america.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Snowboarding over cars. Period. I havent done anything to my car in a very long time so i can travel around to competitions over north america.
You ride all the time in the winter?

What's your fun? Rails, rark, jumps, backcountry, speed?

got my car 80% back together today, will finish tomorrow and go boarding weds.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome.

Where do you ride usually?

I usually ride SNowMass or Copper in Colorado or at home I ride Sugar.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
I ride mountains up here in canada land mostly. Ill make the occasional trip down to utah or colorado. I love copper mountain and breck. Colorado is definitely awesome.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Snowboarding in Atlanta?

You learn something every day.

Glad you were able to finish the heater core re and re without going all emo and slitting your wrists.
Usually drive to one of the Terrain Parks or Sugar Mt in NC (about 3 hours from my house) for a day snowboard trip.

I got EMO a couple of times doing the Heater Core like I was singing for Sunny Day Real Estate or Braid for a moment. lol

Its difficult to pull that much out of your car and know that it will all go back correctly later.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ride mountains up here in canada land mostly. I'll make the occasional trip down to utah or colorado. I love copper mountain and breck. Colorado is definitely awesome.
I don't do the Super Pipe or Big Rails much anymore (too many broken bones) but I still like the big tabled jumps, hips, and fun rails.

I really like dropping cliffs, and banks and carving a trail through the trees in the Back Country these days.

I got some friends who are in the industry that get me into shit way over my comfort level.

I ride a GNU 158 in the park and Burton 162 that also wider in the powder

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Car is up 100% but my window has closed

here is as far as my snowboard trip got. lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts