VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i bought myself some 18"s and lowered my car with the neuspeed springs 2 inches. Now i am screwed when it comes to shocks. My car is like a fricken roller coaster ride. I need some new shocks. Help me out boys. Not looking to spend a ton. Need some suggestions, best bang for the buck is what im looking for. Hook me up and if you could give me a link. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I think you get the best bang for the buck from Bilstein. They have a store in North Haven that you could check out, I think it's right off of 91. Also, you could try here: Virtual World Parts <--That's where I got mine. Good prices.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I think that Bilstein and Koni will give you the best bang for the buck considering that you already have springs. Bilstein is a little cheaper, not by much, and Koni will give adjustability as well for a little more $$$. The only thing with the Koni's is that I have found the top of the strut difficult to work with as it is a softer metal and if you don't take great care, you can round off the top of the assembly. You Bilstein won't have this problem as the top of the assembly is not a nut, it is an allen wrench (7mm IIRC). I think you will be very happy with either one you choose.

If you go Koni, go to www.shox.com. Their service is great.

If you go Bilstein, the site mentioned above is awesome, www.parts4vws.com. The potterman's own that site and their entire family is very pleasant and helpful, plus they give you free candy with your order.

·
Registered
335 Posts
i also lowered my car with the Neuspeed springs, and i have Bilstein heavy duty shocks. they make a world of difference, lifetime warranty, and easy to install. the only thing i wish i had is the adjustability, but if you want quality for a decent price, Bilsteins.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts