VW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 Jetta 1.8t and i am curious if anyone can tell me what the best short shifter to get is, and where to buy one?

Injen cold air, autometer boost guage, pioneer indash, 12" subs, hid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re: short shifter?

do you know the part # for the ecs side to side shifter i looked on the website but im new to this so i didn't know what i was looking for. thanks for the help and the tt ss is ordered and will be installed by next weekend.

·
Registered
332 Posts
pheeewwhh some one bet me to this question :p, what about the ecs SS that has adjustable weights and what not?? anyone used that? im also in the market for a shortshifter front & back throws same with side to side, cause our vw shifters are kinda sloppy for "Spirited" driving :D. Also gonna throw this noob question out are they pretty easy or straight forward to DIY???

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
Dieselgeek short shifter owns all, most shifter weights (except the TT weight) strains the shifter cables, the dieselgeek one replaces them with stronger ones and shortens the throw.

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
At close to $200 it is nice, i have heard of Clicking issues going into gear with that and the B&M though...have you had that?
Actually very much the oppositte, very fluid and sturdy gearing. It's a lot less clunk than a short shifter weight. I'd never recommend any short shifter other than the TT one to anybody. Most other ones eventually wear out the shifter cables.

·
Knows nothing about VWs
6,954 Posts
I think what TT is trying to say is that the Deiselgeek called a sigma 5 speed or 6 speed shfit linkage , uses parts of the the the Audi TT shift linkaget" i may be way off here though.

and to quote Deiselgeek "In summary, as with guns, short shift kits don't kill transmissions, PEOPLE kill transmissions!"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts