VW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 95 gti vr6 with 121,000 miles on it. Black of coarse but it needs a paint job, they buffed the paint to the metal on the hood and roof in a couple spots. The paints really the only thing wronge with it. the guys wants 5,300 for it, how much do you guys think I should offer him and could you tell me anything to look for on GTI's or VR6's that I might be overlooking and how long are there engines ussually good for. I'm movein up, from a 4cyl Jetta to 6 so im new at this. Thanks alot!!
btw, its not glx

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
sounds like an okay deal. i would much rather save my money and get a better gti! but as josh said as long as it runs smooth and maintenance was done to it properly then you should be fine.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One thing i forgot to add, i have a feeling the guy had NOS in it but I havent looked at the engine yet so I dont know and that is the best price I have found for a GTI VR6 since I started lookin afterr my accident (oct 17) but maby Im lookin in the wronge places. Does anybody know where I could find a decend black one for around 5k?

G

·
0 Posts
sounds good see if it was maintained...also the price is a lil high see if u can offer him like 4500 see what he says...should be able too

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats another thing I forgot to ask, Wheres a good place to go for a paint job, and how much should i spend on one?

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I really think you could get a little bit better price than that, especially if it needs paint. Any body work does not come cheap.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
if you think the guy had nos in it, I would pass on that one. keep looking at autotrader.com for a good deal. ebaymotors also has stuff too.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I would say pass on it...if you're having second thoughts about it then it's probably not the right car for you. Don't rush into buying the first car you see, you'll regret it in the long run!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I want the vr6 and Definatly not auto, 1 VW auto trannys suck, 2 its atomatic, which i just cant stand.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2 point slow:
if you don't really want a VR6 that bad, i found this deal on ebay. seems to be a hell-uva buy !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15292&item=2443401015
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ryan McLeod? Unless there is more than one person of that name from Andover I know you man. Did you go to MV? Your picture on your website looks like it might be the guy I once knew but it's tough to tell....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts