VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all
i have an 89 golf, and i want to start modifying the engine to make it better. what are the first engine mods you guys make, and where can i learn how to do them? is there some archived research page somewhere listing all these procedures and how to do them?
thx for any help
Jeremy

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Search this site and you will find PLENTY of information for past posts. But for first mods that people make to their engines are normally the simple things such as a cold air intake, performance exhaust, and a new chip.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Well most poeople start with an intake and exhaust, that's a good place to start. With a VW you may want to look into shocks and springs, VWs aren't exactly known for their handling. Like GTIBoarder just said, look around ont his site and you will find PLENTY of stuff to do!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
i would say intake, exhaust, suspension, cam, wires, and thats about all i can think of right now man. good luck!

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
i agree with aht was said above but the first thing i would do is get a good tune up. Make sure verything is in good working order. Then intake exhaust and then you can open it up and do cams port and polish. I don't have a chip yet so i don't know about that but that would be a good mod. Check my sig for other mods i've done.good luck

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Make sure before any mods that the car is fully tuned up.Then I would do an exhaust.Then intake and so on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts