VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when u put side skirts on ur car hmm how would they lift your car when changin oil, etc. Thomas I think you are the one that has side skirts how do u change your oil. I can accept in the hot weather but when it gets cold if thats the case thats kinda shitty. if u have to go under the car. tx in advance

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I change my oil in the "HOLE" that's what my bro calls it. He has 2 hoists and a 2 car hole for quick lube.

However when I have to go on Hoist I use 2 wood pieces just for the front of the car only to clear the hoists' arms.

Although only because my car is low, not because of the side skirts. The side skirts don't cover the lift points (the place where the Hoist and the Car meet).
LOL That would be pretty rediculous don't you think?

[ June 22, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
777 Posts
im not the authority on side skirts or anything, but most of the skirts ive seen only come down maybe an inch or so below normal, they just have a design to them, my girlfriend has a 30th ae trans am, hers (factory) dont carry under at all they just dressed up the sides... now depending on kits it may vary, but most ive seen have been this way, but like i said im no VW kit pro!

·
Registered
125 Posts
yeah right on, side skirts if you notice how there installed, pretty much go along the sde of the original body, not much of a "drop", your good, when i seen my boys car get lifted he put wood planks under the front wheels to pick it up a bit then the jack fit under it, its all good

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vdublongisland:
yeah right on, side skirts if you notice how there installed, pretty much go along the sde of the original body, not much of a "drop", your good, when i seen my boys car get lifted he put wood planks under the front wheels to pick it up a bit then the jack fit under it, its all good<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know but my Oettinger skirt did drop it a bit. And it goes about 1/2 inch uder the body. Which is fine. The lift points are about 1" or deeper into the car.

Look at this picture:

Now... do you thing the skirts drop it a bit? LOL I'd say. Some skirts don't, but most do.

·
Registered
777 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Midnight VR6:
[QB]but most of the skirts ive seen only come down maybe an inch or so below normal QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
777 Posts
that looks kinda like im being a smart ass... dident mean it tat way at all! very VERY clean car TF

[ June 22, 2003: Message edited by: Midnight VR6 ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts